The concept of video has been around for decades, but with the growth of digital technology its importance as a tool for business has never been more prominent. During 2017 it is anticipated that online video will account for 74% of web traffic.1 More and more purchasing decisions are influenced by engagement with a video rather than the browsing of data and text on static web pages. If this reason alone was not enough to wet your appetite for video, here are some more reasons why investment in a professional, strategy-led video campaign could benefit your business:
- Enhancing your social media presence – With the use of social media platforms becoming all the more prevalent and influential in business decision making, it’s important to hone your online presence and stand out from the crowd. Varying the type of content you post on social media with the use of video can set your business apart from the competition and engage your followers for longer.
- Introducing new technology – The pace of change has never been faster with new technologies coming onto the market each day. Your business needs to show potential buyers how your new concept, product or initiative works at a time when people have more choice and shorter attention spans than ever before. Video is the perfect medium to engage your target audience and get your message across clearly and concisely without becoming lost in noise.
- Create a great impression across a range of devices – Video is a fantastic way to communicate with prospects and customers on a variety of different devices. Decision makers can enjoy watching videos on their PC, laptop, iPad or smartphone with ease. The appeal of static websites can be lost to some extent on smaller screens. This is due to the re-ordering, re-positioning or omission of text, images and other graphics for mobile friendly versions. Messaging and quality of video often remains strong across all devices.
- Assisting your customers – Gone are the days when customers will spend hours trying to work out how to put together or use their new purchase using a clunky instruction manual – they simply don’t have time. Such frustration can cause returns, dissatisfaction and damage to your brand and levels of repeat business. With a combination of visual and audio techniques, videos are the perfect way to inform and instruct customers on the optimal assembly and use of your products.
- To increase brand awareness and enhance your website – Increasing relevant traffic to your website and keeping prospects there helps your search engine optimisation and the chance of converting traffic into qualified leads. Wordstream.com suggests the average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.2 Virtually every business has a website now, but adding movement with a great video can help to set yours apart.
With 75% of Business Executives watching video at least weekly3 can your business afford not to invest in video as part of a comprehensive online marketing strategy? At Lightning Transformations, we’ve embraced the importance of video as an online marketing tool by launching a range of high quality bespoke video packages to fit most budgets. From simple animated videos made inhouse to real life testimonial and full cinematic style company promo videos created professionally with the latest filming, production and lighting equipment, we can put together the perfect solution for your business. To find out more, contact us today on 01284 332 738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free no obligation consultation.